Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    “Mobile Community”

    June 28, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    I think that’s the phrase that Nancy used to describe our recent experience—repeatedly running into many of the same people, even when my dialysis schedule has us hopping around (both ahead and behind).

    The first picture you’ve probably seen before, showing Sean and our friend Brandon (middle school science teacher at a private Catholic school in Houston, TX).

    The second picture is of our friends the Colemans, Michelle and Brian. Michelle teaches communications at a college and Brian is a music teacher at a high school.

    I have literally lost count of the times and places we have bumped into the Colemans. We’ll walk by a restaurant and there they are. We‘ll check into an albergue—voila! I’ve mentioned them in many of my blogs and still haven’t covered half of the times we’ve have enjoyed spending time with them.

    The video is courtesy of Sean and shows a spontaneous community dinner the other night with Maria and Lucas from Brazil, Charlotte from the UK, the Colemans, unknown, Richard “the Gentle Giant” from Los Angeles, Brandon, and Mike from New York.

    What a blessing these friends have been to us and how privileged we have been to get to know each of them better.
    Read more