Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 15–19

    Bologna 1

    8. toukokuuta, Italia ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Bologna Day 1 - Food glorious Food!
    First day in Bologna started with a sleep in and an easy start to the day.
    We eventually got out and walked to Piazza Maggiore, visiting the Tourist info centre to arm ourselves with maps and new info.
    Then we hit the quadrilateral area with its fab food shops, fresh food stalls and cafes. We stopped at a little place for rolls with local meats - yum, yum yum!.
    After lunch D&i headed off to walk to Basilica di San Luca, and the incredible continuous colonnade that wends its way up the hill to the basilica. (Judith sensibly decided to rest up back at the apt). From the city the walk is about 5 ks, with 3.5 ks of continuous colonnade, making it the longest in the world. 1. 5ks of it is uphill. It was amazing, beautiful, and a good workout! The Basilica and the views overlooking Bologna and across the countryside were worth the effort.
    The walk down was quicker and we caught a bus at Melincello where the climb started, saving us more time.
    As we walked back to our apt we bumped into my former work colleague Bronwyn (who we were already planning on catching up with here) and her husband Garry. We had a drink and a lovely catch up before scooting off home, picking up some additional snacks to have with drinks.
    We ended up having another night in - we were all tired, especially D&i!
    Lue lisää