Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Port Augusta

    September 26, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Today we drove 4 hrs to Port Augusta. The scenery was fantastic, and we had two Go-pros recording the footage which we will upload later. Aslan and I were happy to see they had both a McDonalds and a KFC. KFC wins every time, but the car was too tall for the drive through, so we had to walk in like suckers. We setup camp in Port Augusta Discovery parks and did some laundry. Lot of people checking out the rig setup and giving us trip advice on where to go.

    I lost my charger for my laptop already, so we will have a look at some IT shops tomorrow, at Port Augusta, USB-C charger is working fine with lid closed so I might be charging at night using it during the day until we can find a charger.

    The picture is our breakfast run this morning, Smoothies and Vegemite on toast. Aslan also made some two minute noodles last night on the induction cooker.

    We have decided to go straight up the centre of Australia and not go across to Perth to beat the wet season up North, so we will head North but off the beaten track to Aroona though the Flinders rangers. where cell phone signal will probably be poor but gives us a good chance to use the Starlink. Weather is warm up here already but cool at night.
    Read more