Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Margaret River Town and Region

    October 23, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    It has been a few days since our last post. For that I blame the Margaret River region. For what was supposed toa 3 day stop, has ended up being an 8 day stop over. For those who are not aware, there is a town called Margaret River and the region called Margaret River which encompasses another 20 towns. It has an area of 100km long and 27km wide, all the way from Augusta to Yallingup. It has over 10,000 acres under grape vines and butts up to the beach and the Indian Ocean. The shops in the Margaret River town consist of South Yarra/Byron Bay restaurants with the addition of a Coles and IGA but yuppy versions of them.

    The weather here is warm, with a few days of drizzle, with rainfall higher than the Macedon Ranges. You can tell it is green and lush here. Aslan and I have had a mixture of Ice-creams from the local parlour as well as some fancy pants pizza places that would rival A25 pizzas, owned and operated by Italians. Aslan has been sitting in the swing chair, swinging up and down all day, relaxing, the internet sucks here, so we got the Star link out to get some high-speed internet. Best thing ever.

    We checked out the towns around including Yallingup, Busselton and Cowarup which are all great towns, but Margaret River stands out as the best town. We had a good break from not driving and stayed in a two-bedroom apartment on the main street as well as a guest house 2km out of town, surrounded by chooks, roosters, and these big ass chickens that I think are Guinea fowl.

    Tomorrow, we head off to the North of Perth (3-hour drive) for 3 days where Aslan wants to see a movie, and I will meet the guy that helped me build out the 4WD for some small improvements. From there we head 700km east to Esperance and camp on a beach at Cape Le Grand.
    Read more