Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Granada

    May 11, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Today we drove exactly 500km from Dènia to Granada, where we will stay for the night.

    Granada is mostly known for the medieval fortress called Alhambra, reminiscent of the Moorish occupation.
    Population around 240,000.

    It also has an impressive cathedral - Catedral de Granada. Like many other cathedrals in Andalusia, it was built on top of the city's main mosque after the reconquest of Granada by the Spanish.

    We dined at Los Manueles, one of several restaurants in the old town - with a decent kitchen, but terrible service. Maybe it was this one waitress, but she seemed to despise English-speaking tourists like ourselves… no tip left there!

    https://www.losmanueles.es/wp-content/uploads/2…

    A starter dish called “Piquillo peppers stuffed with bull’s tail” was really intriguing, but the taste was surprisingly good! ☺️

    “Limehome” is quite nice and affordable, right in the middle of everything, but sonce it is operated completely remotely, without any staff at the spot, the check-in was quite complex and daunting. Uploading images of your IDs, etc. This part is perhaps what drags the score down a bit. We had to wait for the confirmation and access codes to the doors literally till the last minute. I was ready to call them at the door, but then finally the email arrived.

    http://www.booking.com/Share-QCHHUh
    Read more