Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Down day in Santo Domingo de la Calzada

    September 19, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 81 °F

    A rest day in Santo Domingo was hard for me mentally but probably the best choice physically. We started out at the pharmacy (along with other pilgrims we knew) and got a “bag of cures” for Tom’s self diagnosed tendinitis 😅. As of late this afternoon he is feeling much better but wisely will share a taxi with pilgrim friends to the next town tomorrow to give his foot one more day to (hopefully) recover. I will walk out of town with our nurse friend, Carol (who we mentioned in a post a few days back). It’s so good to have others to share the ups and downs of this crazy journey.

    Did we mention today was a holiday of sorts in town? Most businesses are shut down and there was a parade up and down the streets for hours. Tom has captured a little video for you to appreciate.

    The rest of today was spent doing laundry, touring the local cathedral, having a great breakfast and lunch and watching Tom elevate his foot as much as possible. Looking forward to a light dinner tonight, a good night’s sleep and seeing what tomorrow brings.

    Buen Camino! 🇪🇸
    Read more