Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Rabanal del Camino

    October 5, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 72 °F

    Today was an uneventful, easy 10 mile walk into Rabanal. We didn’t even break a sweat and got here early enough to just hang out and relax. Last night we had a lovely albergue but neither one of us slept well so it was nice to have an easier mileage day and perfect temperatures for walking.

    We have been walking a lot with Andrew and Sara from Melbourne. Australia. We are usually booked at different places for the night but always meet up to walk and eat together during the day. They are the best and we are already sad to think of having to say goodbye to them once we reach Santiago.

    Typically we only book our albergues one day out but as we are nearing the end, and the Camino gets busier, we have mapped out our days in advance and booked ahead to the end. It has taken on a different feel knowing where we will be so far in advance. That feeling of living in the present moment is fading and the finish line is looming out there within our grasp. It is hard to process the thought of having achieved this bucket list goal we set for ourselves nearly 10 years ago. What an undertaking it has been to plan, train and finally do. We are hoping the final stages will be kind to us.

    Buen Camino!
    Read more