Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    A night in Budapest

    November 6, 2017 in Hungary ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    The last two days have been mostly travelling through Bosnia>Croatia>Hungary to get to Budapest in time for our flight.

    The train from Mostar to Sarajevo was pretty but it was very foggy at 6am when we got it so we couldn’t see much unfortunately! Then the bus from Sarajevo to Zagreb was a bit horrendous. It cost sooo much more than the train and was packed with people. The woman in-front of me insisted on having her seat reclined fully giving me zero space to move. Always fun! And that journey took around 7 hours due to huge queues at the borders.

    We enjoyed a quick visit of Zagreb by night and then took the train to Budapest in the morning. It was pretty good, only one random bus journey in the middle due to rail problems. We had our own cabin for most of the way and it was so much cheaper than the bus which is surprising.

    Finally arriving in Budapest last night, we managed to explore some sights! We walked around the city and then went on a boat tour around the Danube. It was a wine tasting boat tour so we got to try 7 different Hungarian wines. Amazing! We also decided to take a ride on the ‘Budapest Eye’ which was cool!

    Budapest seems like a lovely city with so much to see, I hope I can come back to see the rest soon! But for now, we’re putting the trip on hold as we make our way back to France again to visit family.

    To be continued... :)
    Read more