Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    8°40'0" N 77°25'0" W

    November 26, 2014 in Panama ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Flying from Puerto Obaldia to Panama City

    Bought a ticket on Air Panama to fly from Puerto Obaldia to Panama City.
    First of all, it is such a joke the amount of money the guys charge to drive you on a speedboat from La Miel or Sapzurro to Puerto Obaldia. They know you have no options left, so they charge whatever they want to. I paid 55$. Felt ripped off.
    Well, anyhow, getting there you have to pass though the Police Station and open up all your bags and most of the times take it all off to show you have nothing like drugs, ,guns, or whatever they are looking for.
    Then you walk to the Air Panama Office to check in, which is close to the square and from there walk to the "airport". All two minutes walk.
    I met a lot of Cubans trying to "scape" from Cuba by flying to Equador, crossing all over Colombia as ilegals and finally getting their "freedom" by heading to Panama City. Some of them stay there and some others try to go all the way up till the US. All ilegally. So dangerous.
    Well, back to the flight. Mine got overbook and guess who had to stay for one night in a 5 star hotel in the charming Puerto Obaldia?
    Well, at least i met this really nice Colombian man who lives in Panama City. We had loads of good talks.
    You will fly on a small plane but the whole trip is enjoyable. Really beautiful sights from the Caribbean sea to the Darie forest when you finally reach Panama City with its high buildings. Such a nice view.
    Read more