Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    #foodprint - snacks

    August 1, 2018 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    To fill the voids between meals we explore the odd and flavorful. So to name a few here.

    First is that green tea is found in many forms, standard leafs and powdered to make Instant tea. Which then is used in every thing from salty snacks, ice cream, bread,chai latte's and cake.

    Ice coffee and tea are common and so now and then combined with ice cream and additional flavors. Variations of this can be found in the Netherlands (coffeelovers frappé) but a favorite for the list. Also bubble teas with cream are plentiful but the bubbles in the dutch versions I had that pop are better than the chewy winegums I had in the one I tried.

    In Disney we found the gyoza bun , a nice long shaped bapao to endure the warm waiting in line.

    In harayuku there is a store that sells all kinds of rainbow food. But as we just ate the excellent qroquant chou we skipped the cotton candy. Crunchy sugary bread sticks filled either bakers cream or sliced with soft ice cream. Both of which taste good. Although opposed to Dilana I favored the ice cream version.

    And shaven ice with flavored syrop may be from Hawaii, but are a good way to cool down in this hot weather.

    And sometimes it's the shape that surprises. At the Ninja cafe we got a bag full of little ninja pancakes. Because why not. :)
    Read more