Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    Rifugio Fonte Maiuri

    June 1, 2023 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    We started to ascent from Pesche after having another break at a bar. Chatting with a Canadian guy. It was still uncomfortable warm and the clouds have been dark already. Just before the spring, it started to rain. And Lupo walked so slow, actually he wanted to have a break. Then I realized that there is a small Refugio next to the spring with 2 cats in front of it. We immediately ran to the veranda and chatted with the guys. They just wanted to leave, but we can stay outside at the veranda or the storage room of the wood.
    So we decided to rest and wait. The rain got stronger.
    2 times in a row, it started to hail. It is early to finish the day, but these guys have told us, our way will be ready but no protection for the next 3 hours.
    The weather forecast predicts lighter and heavier rain. Hmm... Send to me it is there best to stay. Sleep a lot and start really tomorrow. Unfortunately weather. Com says that the next 10 days it will be everyday the same game. From noon to the evening thunderstorms or rain. More or less.
    Exasperatingly.

    31.600 steps - 23.1km
    Some elevation meters and stop because of thunderstorm and hail.
    Read more