Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    Day 28: Hiking in Hong Kong...

    June 25, 2017 in Hong Kong ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Awoke to fantastic views from the hotel window, and had a final farewell breakfast with our travel buddy Marissa.

    Then set out to do the "Dragon's Back" hike. It was clear why this hike is so popular - amazing views of Hong Kong's surrounding islands, beaches and high rises nestled in vast green vegetation. The hike itself was strenuous in the heat, Gill sensibly protecting herself with her UV umbrella; Emma, despite reapplication of suncream frazzling her shoulders in the mid day sun. It was well worth the effort after 3 hours, when the beach came into view where we enjoyed a well deserved lunch, swim and sunbathe (and Gill's coconut water..from a coconut). We were surprised to find that this bustling city was surrounded by clear blue sea and soft sandy beaches. The smell of the BBQs and sound of the waves were bliss. Both enjoyed cooling off from the hike in the sea.

    It was a very soggy day - after taking a short bus and metro trip we were back at the hotel - Gill couldn't wait to go for another dip in the outdoor pool, and Emma soon followed suit.

    Across the road for some local food for dinner, then more relaxing and planning the next few days over a cup of jasmine tea overlooking the city lights across the bay.

    Gill & Em x
    Read more