Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Camping really late

    September 8, 2022 in Turkey ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    We left Tepe late and took our time at Pamukkale. Which meant by the time we got to Bodrum it was quite late. We also stopped by the ferry port to check the options for passing to Kos and Rhodos. This meant we had to go into town and into the evening traffic. By the time we got back outside the city it was past 9.

    And so the searrch for campings began. The first one we tried had what seemed at first to be very hospitable hosts. After inviting us to park our motorbike inside, they began showing us around the place. And then came the money talk. The place was 3 times more expensive than the usual ones - the catch was that they included breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was from 9 to 11 am and dinner from 7 to 9am. It was 9.15 when we arrived, so too late for dinner. And our plan was to leave at 7, to catch a ferry. They didn’t want to budge on the price, despite admitting it’s also not possible for us to eat. We left.

    The second camping we went for turned out to be, not a camping. It was a caravan and bungalow park. They insisted in us staying while they tried to figure something out, but it felt dodgy. Eventually they mentioned a friend of theirs has a place nearby where we could pitch the tent. We left.

    The third place we got to was a dead end - perhaps a mistake on my end, as it was really near a beach that mentioned camping on Google, and not a proper camping.

    And then finally, we arrived at the Bodrum EcoFarm Camping and Hostel. The owner was friendly and inviting, we were allowed to pitch the tent near the back of the park, to not disturb the other campers by leaving early. We had tea together and chatted with the other hostel guests for a few minutes. We grabbed dinner and went to bed.
    Read more