Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    A Moroccan Cooking Class

    February 21 in Morocco ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Being die-hard foodies, how could we pass up this opportunity in Essaouira? A very unique experience where we spent the evening in the family home and cooked dinner for everyone.

    First, we wen to the markets to buy fresh vegetables and.. uh... chicken. When I say fresh, you basically choose the chook that looks the healthiest, determined I think by how much it runs around (trying to avoid being dinner). It's weighed, then... um... processed into the the select chicken pieces you would normally buy in Woolies... just much fresher.

    The interesting part for me was the mechanical chicken plucker... I never even knew that was a thing. But for you chicken lovers, no more slaving in a hot kitchen plucking feathers from your dinner... you can buy them on Amazon. Go on... you know you need one.

    Anyway, we had a great time with the family and I have to say that I am not just a brilliant hollywood actor, but a great Moroccan chef. Well... maybe the couple did a few things... but it was delicious and we have the recipes now... if only we had a kitchen... and a chook...
    Read more