Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Palisade CO

    August 6, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    Palisade CO is a great little town outside of Grand Junction, CO, which seems to have the motto: "A peachy town with a drinking problem". Although surrounded by brown, dry bluffs, Palisade is on both sides of the Colorado River and is filled with peach orchards, apple orchards and vineyards. Add in the buildings next to our campground which seems to be a marijuana growing operation, and you have tourists on bicycles and those visiting for the many hiking trails in the area. A few are visiting the Cameo Shooting and Education Center for practicing gun and archery skills.

    Dale was in the mood for good food and quickly found a distillery, while I located an excellent bakery for breakfast. For lunch it was a hard cider restaurant with very good food. The town had outdoor artwork everywhere but our favorite was the list of Palisade Grouches for each year. And after driving the area, we found a farm stand with peaches and peach cobbler.

    We finished the day with a trip to Palisade Brewing where a bluegrass band was playing. Midway through the set, a bridal party made a stop to cheers from the crowd. Clearly this was the spot to be on a Friday night in Palisade.
    Read more