Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Another fab meal

    September 30, 2016 in Peru ⋅ 🌙 11 °C

    After quite some time chilling in the hostel ,and for some reason reading up on Scientology...seriously worth reading up on, their ideas are just insane we headed back out for dinner.

    Rob had found a restaurant called Organika on trip adviser which had good reviews and so we went there. They grow everything on their farm in Ollantaytambo, the Sacred Valley, where we had just come from, and we were looking forward to hopefully more delicious food.

    We had to walk down a street that felt a bit dodge to get there (or at least we thought we did, but on the way back we found a much more pleasant and shorter route). and Richard got asked if he wanted weed or cocaine....yay! Fortunately, the restaurant wasn't far away, just up yet more steps! I am managing the walking better now though so I just took them steady and was fine.

    Inside the restaurant, there was a small and open kitchen to the right as we walked in, which was busy with the chefs cooking. It was a very cute place inside and clearly popular with travellers, as everyone in there was white. We were directed to a table in the corner and handed a menu. The options on the menu looked great...and cheap. We decided to treat ourselves and ordered both a starter and a main for a change.

    The food came out and was delicious! Rich and Rob had vegetable plate type starters which looked as good as they tasted and I had a pumpkin carrot soup, which was lovely except for the small amount of cheese that kept forming strings from my spoon and getting everywhere! Also, Richards dish contained daisy's as a garnish...they are very very strange to eat and neither of us were a fan.

    The mains were just as good when they came out, sweet potato ravioli and a pretty awesome looking chicken sandwich for Rich.
    Considering how delicious the food was and that we had two dishes each plus drinks (including beer), the fact it came to just £8 each is ridiculous!

    We wandered a bit further up the hill on leaving and looked out over the city. Lights shone from the houses and street lamps half way up the surrounding mountains, a mix of blue and orange. The plaza looked nicely lit and bustling too and we headed there to see if we could find ice cream. On route we stopped at a market where I finally found a colourful cotton throw that I liked and we also spotted a miniature Christ de Redeemer statue. We couldn't find any ice-cream though, so we headed back for some more chill time and had a good laugh watching clips of 'Would I lie to you'. I also completed my packing cull whilst Rob and Rich played battleships. It was pretty successful, despite the fact I was adding to the load with my new bright and colourful Peruvian cotton throw.

    Sleep time now, ready for another early bus ride tomorrow.
    Read more