Satellite
Show on map
  • Rest and be Thankful

    April 29, 2018 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 6 °C

    Today we said bye to Alex and her lovely family in Glasgow who were kind enough to let us stay the night.
    We headed toward Loch Lomond and once arriving at Balloch at the South of the Loch we headed to the shore and came across the LAdy of Loch Lomond, a steam paddle boat that is now a tea room, but on route for funding to get it back out on the water again. It is the last ever paddle boat to be built in England and is the largest too. Fingers crossed they get there because that would be awesome to see.

    We also spotted a kilt walk taking place along the shores, hundreds of people walking for charity and the occasional bagpipe too...definitley i Scotland!

    We headed to a small hill from here called Duncrine Hill which supposedly has the best view from a small hill in all of Scotland. So far I am inclined to agree! After navigating te pretty muddy initial part of the walk, going up the hill wasn't too bad. We had beautiful skies, a great balance of sun and cloud and thevista from the top of the hill was a 360 degree view of Loch lomond and the surrounding area. It was truly stunning and BenLomond in the distance could be seen with a fw bits of white snow on top.

    After a while we noticed a big cloud covering the peak of Ben Lomond in the distance. It looks pretty gloomy but atmospheric and we made our way back down before it reached us.

    It never really rained too hard - we then headed to
    Read more