Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 104

    Huacachina

    17. Mai 2017 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    After a series of 3am wake ups and serious walking, Huacachina was a dream - sunbathing by the pool and wine.

    The town itself is a bit anti-climatic but we were staying in the most amazing hostel called Upcycled and yep - you guessed it - all the furniture was made from upcycled materials. It was really cool.

    The first day we spent by the pool with a few bottles of wine. This carried on into the evening.

    The next day was pretty much the same but we decided to do the sandboarding and also debate where we would go next - Paracas or Lima. After hearing Paracas described as 'not dreadful but not amazing' we decided Lima it was.

    The sandboarding was really fun - at first you drive in huge buggys up the sand dunes but it's like being on a rollercoaster. We then did the actual boarding which was great until one of the girls in our group went down a huge sand dune and fell off really badly. She didn't move for a few minutes and we were all like 😱 and when she finally moved she thought she had broken her collarbone and went to hospital. Needless to say after this no one else really wanted to do anymore.

    Our driver rushed her off to hospital and left the rest of the group stranded in the middle of the desert whilst he did that. After he came back we went to watch what was left of the sunset and came back to Huacachina for dinner.

    Lots of people I've met in Peru are at the hostel so we spent the night drinking and playing cards. Although this place is pretty dreamy and it would be nice to stay another day, we are now off to Lima for the weekend before maybe heading further north to either Huaraz or Mancora.
    Weiterlesen