Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Koh Phi Phi

    December 26, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    10 a.m. - I woke up felt healthy again but tired so I went for a coffee.

    11:30 a.m. - Afterwards I got early lunch because I booked a boat party in the afternoon.

    12 p.m. - Went back to the hostel and checked in for the boat party.

    2 p.m. - We left on a big boat with a lot of other people. At first we visited monkey beach a beautiful beach with a lot of cheeky monkeys. Some of them even attacked tourists but luckily the are afraid of water. The second destination was the viking cave but you can’t go inside because there are really really expensive bird nests and there is a guard how protect them. Those birds (mauersegler) build there nest’s with there spit and those nest’s are a delicacy in china. The use it in soup’s or sweets. 1kg of those nest’s can cost almost 6000€ and it’s the biggest income for Koh Phi Phi after tourism. After that we went to Maya Bay famous because of the film “The beach” with Leonardo DiCaprio. The closed the bay not long ago because the coral reef went bust of the tourist. Now they reopened it again but it’s forbidden to swim. Anyways the bay is gorgeous and if you are lucky you can see Blacktip Reef sharks. After that we continued the party, got dinner and the opportunity to jump of the boat, swim, snorkel or kayaking. At some point most of the people where very drunk and one throw up directly in the sea.

    7 p.m. - We arrived at the pier and had to hopp from boat to boat to get to the pier. Which was quite dangerous with all the drunk people so I helped a couple of them to reach the pier save. Suddenly a girl fell between two boats in the water. It was just a UK guy, some locals and I. We had to push the boat away from the other because they could have crashed together. She made it save on the boat but she lost all her belongings, passport, phone and bag. She was crying and screaming her soul out. Suddenly on of the Thai guys appeared in his scuba diving equipment and he looked for her stuff in the dark. Somehow he found everything that’s insane. Afterwards she told us she passed out for 20 seconds because she hit her head at the boat. She had a lot of luck.

    8:30 p.m. - We arrived back in the hostel and I went straight into my room. There were all the dutch people and the were really sorry about last night.

    9 p.m. - I got just two toasty’s for dinner because the dutch guys and I participated in a beer pong tournament.

    9:30 p.m. - The tournament started and we played against two UK guy’s. We had a referee but honestly the played unfair. Always the elbow over the table and I hit the last cup of the two times. The first time the blow it out correctly but the second time the ball already touched the ground and the blow it out again. So the had a long discussion with the referee and we continued playing. In the end we lost the game but anyways we didn’t care. Afterwards I went to a fighting bar where tourists could fight each other for free bucket’s. It was a lot o fun to see drunk boy’s and girls punching each other.
    Read more