Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 81

    Mabul -> Semporna

    February 3, 2023 in Malaysia

    7:30 a.m. - I slept so freaking good and packed my bag after breakfast. We got another divemaster today and unfortunately the annoying Malaysian guy was in our group. Furthermore the weather wasn’t that good.

    9 a.m. - We met up at the jetty and got ready for our first dive. The first dive site is called Kapilai House Reef. It was a 48min long dive with a maximum depth of 23m. This dive site is also definitely one of my favorites so far. We saw again some nudibranch’s, turtles, a blue spotted stingray, scorpionfish, octopus, loads of lionfish, a ghost pipefish, a stick pipefish, a school of barracuda, a mantis shrimp and some beautiful frog fish. As you can see loads of sea life. While diving there was twice a really load noise. It sounded like a gunshot and was hurtful for the ear’s. Our divemaster explained to us later that it was the sound of bomb fishing. When we came back to the surface it was already raining. This time we spent our recovery on the boat because we went further away to the island Kapilai. However it was very cold although I had the long wet suite. The second dive site is called Siu Siu Point. The dive was 50min long and the maximum depth was 21m. We had a stronger current than before and saw again some octopus, turtles, a ghost pipefish, a orangutan crab, nudibranch’s and a beautiful ribbon eel. The Malaysia guy was annoying as hell and I wonder how he can have 50+ dives. To only thing that was positive was that he agreed to share his videos and pictures at the end of the day.

    1 p.m. - For lunch we went back to the resort and got some rest before we started our last dive. The dive site was called Panglima Reef. The dive was 52min long an the maximum depth was 20m. We had as well a strong current and we couldn’t spot a loft of marine life. We saw a orangutan crab, a lobster and many huge turtles to the end.

    4:30 p.m. - After diving we had a little bit of time before we left back to Semporna. I got all the videos and pictures of the Malaysian guy. Unfortunately 80% of them where shit. Anyways the weather got better and we got some sun again before we left. On the way back on the boat Lea recognize that she forgot her charger and powerbank on Mabul and I realized that I forgot my mask. I was very sad about that and angry about myself.

    5 p.m. - We arrived in Semporna and went to the diving office to ask if there is a possibility to get our stuff back. It was definitely not the first time that someone forgot something because they said it’s no problem to send our stuff from Semporna to Kota Kinabalu with the bus and we just ned to pick it up at the bus station. The plan sounded good and I had hope again.

    6 p.m. - Afterwards we met up with Eli in the restaurant we were before and got some dinner before the night bus.

    7:30 p.m. - Later we took the night bus to Kota Kinabalu. It was my first night bus and it was supposed to be 11h.
    Read more