Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 98

    Cemorolawang (Bromo)

    February 20, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    3 a.m. - We woke up early and hike 1.5h in the dark to a sunrise point. It was freezing cold with 12 degrees.

    4:30 a.m. - We arrived at the viewpoint and on the way we passed so many jeeps from the tour’s it was insane. Furthermore there were so many locals tourists and everyone was dying on the way up. It was funny and sad at the same time. One of them even had a fucking oxygen tank. Anyways we secured a nice spot to shoot some stuff and enjoyed the sunrise. We had really good wether conditions it was just insane. At some point all the tours left and we were there alone. It was funny to see all the jeeps invading the crater they looked like ants. Afterwards we walked back and even the way back was just beautiful.

    7:30 a.m. - We arrived back at the homestay and got some breakfast. We decided to go in the afternoon to the crater so we could get some rest before.

    12:30 p.m. - We got some lunch and got ready for the crater.

    1:30 p.m. - Our host showed us the “secret” way to the crater so we don’t have to pay entrance fee. We tried it twice and got caught both times unfortunately from a ranger. So we had no other choice to by the ticket. We walked up Bromo and walked along the ridge of the crater. It quite smoky but still breathtaking and we were the only ones because all the tours were already gone. I am so glad that we did everything without a tour and just could do whatever we wanted and spend as much time was we wanted. Unfortunately it started to rain and we had to leave.

    4:30 p.m. - We arrived back at the homestay, looked at some photos and edited some of them. Furthermore we decided to go tomorrow again so we can get the most out of our time and the ticket.

    7 p.m. - We got dinner and Brian and I decided to go to the other side of the crater tomorrow for sunrise. We just had to organize a proper motorbike which was harder than we thought.

    10 p.m. - We managed to get a dope manual motorbike for tomorrow and went to sleep.
    Read more