Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 97

    Lumajang -> Cemorolawang (Bromo)

    February 19, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    5 a.m. - We woke up early for sunrise. Ariez brought us all to a very beautiful place where you can see the volcano Semeru in the morning light. It was simply breathtaking. Afterwards he brought us to another gorgeous spot even closer at the volcano. Afterwards we went even further and ended up in a pine forest. All these destinations definitely hidden gems and the roads there are also fun to ride. I can’t describe this morning in words simply unreal.

    9 a.m. - Later we got back and got some nice free Indonesian breakfast.

    10:30 a.m. - Afterwards we went to the best waterfall in the area Tumpak Sewu. I have never seen in my life such a gorgeous waterfall it’s insane. Looks incredible from the top and when you stand in the waterfall. The hike down is also steep and you definitely get wet. However definitely worth it and there are no words needed to describe the beauty just look at the pictures.

    1:30 p.m. - We came back and got ready to leave.

    2:30 p.m. - Later we left with Aris to Bromo on the way we passed a village which got destroyed by lava from 2021 and 2022 eruption of Semeru. It was horrible to see all the destroyed house’s, nature and all the dried lava. Afterwards we went to monkey forest where we just saw one huge monkey but a lot of bats and I got destroyed by mosquitoes.

    8:30 p.m. - We arrived in the village Cemorolawang directly near the crater where we stayed in a homestay. It was so fucking cold up there in the mountains I had goosebumps at my balls. Later it was time to say goodbye to Ariez which was quite sad because we got very good friends in those two days and he is an amazing person.
    Read more