Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 47

    Mini Uluru

    2 Juli 2016, Amerika Serikat ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Today's first stop was Enchanted Rock, a massive granite rock sticking out of the limestone surrounds, much like Uluru (Ayres Rock) in a lot of ways. Although it's a decent size it's a bit like an iceberg and under the surface it 4 times the size of Manhattan. What was weird was the way the rock 'exfoliated', shedding layers as it expanded/contracted (not freeze/thaw in this part of the world - see forecast photo).

    We overnighted at Lost Maples State Park, which was a little underwhelming to be honest (we're not short of maples in the north east) and not place to swim/fish (as one is accustomed).

    This weekend is a bit of a nightmare as it's Independence Day on Monday - not just that there's not a lot for a Brit to celebrate, but mainly because every man and his dog are out camping (plus we are never organised enough to know where to book months in advance). We are therefore in the arse end of nowhere (as Jo so succinctly put it) - the highlight being a replica oven - a few miles from the Mexican border. We've already been through one check point to make sure we had no stowaways... it weirdly smells of skunk.... just went past Walter White Ranch Road... all we can think about is Breaking Bad....
    Baca selengkapnya