Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 309

    Montezuma's Revenge

    March 21, 2017 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    So we got back to San Chris without any further issues, and had a much needed decent night's sleep. In the morning I had another dentist appointment, where Doc Pepe scanned my teeth with some hi-tech tool which enabled them to mill my porcelain crown in front of my eyes. Jo also had her first ever fillings (!!).

    Next job was sorting out the suspension, after a bit of driving around we found a place that looked half decent (i.e. they weren't just repairing cars on the street!). These were the friendliest & most cheerful mechanics I have ever come across. They got straight to work & found out that the new suspension wasn't broken but the bolt had just come off so it was a super easy fix. After they'd also done an oil & air filter change, before we said our goodbyes they asked for a photo of us all with the van, & we were of course happy to oblige! 4 men working for an hour cost us a massive 350 pesos (about 17 bucks!)

    Other chores before we head over the border were a vet health certificate for Maya, filling our water tank with potable water and some stocking up on essentials from the supermarket. Guatemala here we come!

    ... Almost!

    We went out for the evening and tucked into a tasty burger then enjoyed a glass or two of the local spirit pox (pronounced posh, but think pocheen) listening to excellent live music. All was good until about 4am when my stomach exploded. This then killed the next couple of days and delayed our departure south.
    Read more