Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Almost 'Home'

    November 16, 2022 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ 0 °C

    The next day was a lot more pleasant and the scenery more interesting as we were out of that valley. I would almost describe it was flat, but I'm sure we were dropping altitude.

    The trail led us to a beautiful monastery perched up high on ridge, and from there we did steep, steep switchbacks down to the river far below. After a few hours we hit our first suspension bridge for over a week, which reminded us of warmer times and perked us up. It was just as well, as we now had to climb back up out of the valley we had just plummeted down! By now we were hardened walkers, and enjoying the extra oxygen in our tanks, but it was still a bit of a slog up to a well earned lunch.

    Soon after that we rejoined our original trail, and we knew we were on the home run now. A couple more hours on an actually level (well almost!) path and we rushed happily in Namche Bazaar, with its European bakeries and Irish bars!

    Showered, stuffed, and watered our spirits were high again. We even had time for a spot of shopping! The complaints about the discomforts on our first visit were replaced with us extolling the luxuries of the place!
    Read more