Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4 - Taxco (Guerrero)

    December 23, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    📝🛕The city is heavily associated with silver, both with the mining of it and other metals and for the crafting of it into jewelry, silverware and other items. 💎 Today, mining is no longer a mainstay of the city's economy. The city's reputation for silverwork, along with its picturesque homes and surrounding landscapes, have made tourism the main economic activity.

    In 2002, the Secretary of Tourism granted the city the title of ✨✨pueblo mágico ✨✨the third community to receive the title because of the quality of the silver industry, colonial buildings, and its surrounding landscape. Many of the buildings of Taxco are viceregal style and date back to its golden age and, because of this, it has become a popular tourist site of the state of Guerrero and México.

    🍹If you are in Taxco, you are to try this famous drink, La BERTA.
    Created there more than 50 years ago! The view from their balcony is to the magnificent main Plaza and the beautiful Santa Prisca. ‘Se non hai bevuto una Berta non sei venuto a Taxco’

    📍 Templo de Santa Prisca
    The icon of Taxco, Santa Prisca is one of Mexico’s most beautiful and striking pieces of baroque architecture.
    Read more