Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Water park and White party

    January 13, 2023 in Cape Verde ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    So yesterday was an uneventful day. We decided to check out the water park in the morning. The RUI hotel chain had 3 resorts side by side- the one closest to the beach is Cabo Verde, an adult oriented resort. Our resort, Funana, is the mirror image of Cabo except it's more family oriented i guess. Or at least they allow families (they also have poolside bingo and late night youth parties so I'm not exactly sure who they are trying to target.) The third resort is Santa Maria and they are the one that has the splash park that is one side kiddie friendly and one side wild water slides and rapids for older children (+12 years old) and adults. As a RIU guest you are free to use facilities at any of the other resorts except perhaps children aren't allowed to Cabo Verde perhaps, we haven't tried. So anyway, yesterday morning I went the 5 minute walk to the splash park. Viggo liked the kiddie area with 30 cm water and perhaps 10 different slides, none very fast. If I had kids in the age of 5 or below this would definitely be my choice of hotel! But as swimming wasn't possible in the 30 cm pool area and not allowed in the more adventurous high speed water slide park we grew tired after n hour or so. I tried the rapid and it was fast as frick, going down the slide almost felt like a back massage. I have a video but Penguins only lets me upload one video per day and I really want to show the video I took later that night when we went to White party!

    After a couple of hours at our own pool and late dinner we changed into white clothes and went to the party area that was totally transformed with UV lights and all kind of white accessories. Drinks were free, there were dancers all dressed in white and one corner had free body paint. There were live music, dancers and it was really entertaining. Loads of kids at this time the early evening. I assume the party really started later in the night but we didn't stay to see it, by that time we were fast asleep..:)
    Read more