Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Romantic Road

    September 15, 2022 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 63 °F

    Day Six
    Today was not a typical "Biggs and Crowder" moving day. Moving day is when we leave one city and move to another. Normally we get started earlier, get out of town with a plan. Not today. Today was a sit and talk kind of day. Not only did we talk amongst ourselves, but the owner and staff were so friendly that breakfast turned into a two hour, 3 cups of Hot Chocolate kind of breakfast. We talked, stared at Neuschwanstein, talked, ate more croissants, and spoke of future trips. We finally said our goodbyes to Annette and the staff. We left to make our way through the cities that are part of the Romantic Road between Fussen and Würzburg. The rains finally caught up with us and we simply made "drive-throughs" instead of "walk-throughs," it was raining so hard.
    We arrived in Rothenburg where we will be staying for the next two nights. Before dinner we did a quick walk-through of the city and decided that will leave the car parked until we leave to go to Frankfurt to fly to Texas. There is so much to accomplish while we are here. Germany's most photographed house is here. Pictures coming tomorrow for that.
    We had another grat meal, Bruce declared "Best Meal of the Trip." I couldn't disagree.
    Getting to bed early. Lots of walking tomorrow.
    Read more