Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Rothenburg

    September 16, 2022 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 50 °F

    Day Seven
    Breakfast at 9 AM in the hotel restaurant. Very nice breakfast scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, croissants, assorted jams and jellies. Top it off with hot tea and the meal was complete. The day was overcast and the forecast was for scattered storms and sunshine. We received mostly cloudy skies and rain. The temperature dropped throughout the day into evening. We spent more time shopping rather than sightseeing. Thanks Heather for the suggestion to see Käthe Wohlfahrt-Weihnachtsdorf. It is a muti-floor Christmas store. I have never seen anything like it. Well worth the time.
    We walked around the city shooting pictures like we were tourists. LOL.
    i had to take a picture of the most photographed house in Germany, which turned out not to be a secret with the tour busses. I waited for some time before I could get just the right shot.
    We ate Italian tonight for the first time on this trip. We had dinner at "Roma." What a great setting, service, and meal. Linda declared, "Best meal of the Trip."
    Getting to bed early as we head north beyond Franfurt to visit the German town and fortress, Braunfels.
    Read more