Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Sintra, Portugal

    May 15, 2016 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    After a week of back-to-back traveling with limited WiFi access, Ben and I have landed in Valencia, Spain and finally have some free time to do some updating.

    On our last day in Portugal we gathered our ragtag hostel family (an Irishman, two Brits, and 6 Canadians), and set out from Lisbon to hike the national park surrounding Sintra.

    The foreshadowing for the failure of the hike would have been the 1litre beers on the train there, followed by everyone buying 2-4 road beers for the trip up. After getting advice from multiple locals, as well as being lead by our google maps-guided leader Ben (himself being the only one knowing anything about the hike), we set off.

    After following a winding road from the town for a couple hours, dodging cars along the way, we never did find the entrance to the hike. We did however find a pub with beer and the very important Benfica - National soccer game on, the results of which we got to enjoy while partying later that night in Lisbon.

    So although we didn't get to do the actual hike, we did get to spend our last day in Portugal having fun with some absolutely incredible people. A random group who met in a hostel in Lisbon, bonded by an indescribable travel experience.

    "Mustard!"
    Read more