Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Seville, Spain

    May 17, 2016 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    After leaving Lisbon and making a brief stop in Lagos overnight to split up the long journey, we left Portugal and headed to Spain. 

    Our first stop was in Seville,  a beautiful historical town set in the upper left corner of Spain.  We stayed in The Black Swan Hostel, a new but highly rated hostel located right in downtown Seville. 

    Still tired from our 6 AM bus ride from Lagos, we didn't do too much on our first day in Seville. We explored some of the historical areas of the city, ate our first tapas of the trip, and at night took some bottles of wine to a nearby Plaza to people watch.

    Our second day we got up early, grabbed some breakfast and then headed on our hostel's historical walking tour of Seville. Our guide was great, had an incredible knowledge of the city, and took us to places like (fill in here from Google doc). We headed back to our hostel, where there was free supper and sangria later that night. We met lots of interesting travelors there, including a couple from Texas, a guy from Puerto Rico, and a brother and sister from Kelowna, B.C.

    That night we grabbed everyone we met at supper and headed down to a local pub to watch Seville vs. Liverpool in the Europa League Final, a huge game watched by what seemed like the entire population of Seville. When Seville scored the celebration of the locals was like nothing I had ever seen. When Seville won the match, the town went wild and needless to say it was a great time to be out drinking in the city.

    The next day we checked out of our hostel, and got a bus headed to Granada, which would turn out to be our favourite part of the trip thus far. 
    Read more