Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Court Hill Sri Ganesa Temple

    January 16 in Malaysia ⋅ 🌧 29 °C

    We had big plans for today but after yesterday and the cumulative effect of five days on our feet we decide to take it easy.

    We head across to the food centre at Menara Maybank for breakfast then over to the temple to see the inside. There is a worship in progress so after removing my shoes and washing my feet I ask permission to photograph and video.

    On my return to the room I read up on this lovely temple and discover it is very important in Malaysian history and also “this is the only temple in the world that conducts ‘sankha puja’ (conch shell puja) twice daily throughout the year. This propitious puja was initiated in the year 1939 at this temple. The twisting formation of a ‘sankhu’ enables tirtham (holy scented water) to flow spirally before bathing Lord Ganesha. As the ‘tirtham’ is infused with the chanting of Hindu mantras, together with the hydraulic push through the ‘sankhu’, this facilitates the potency of this ceremony. The conch-shell is said to be the abode of ‘devas’ (celestial beings). Therefore ‘sankha puja’ is considered most auspicious in Hindu rituals, and will promote the health, wealth and happiness of its participants. The glory of this temple is further enhanced by the gold 'garba graham' (entrance)at the main sanctum. Gold has the highest spiritual vibration according to Hindu scriptures, therefore this metal is used to channel 'shakti' (divine energy).”

    The remainder of the day is spent resting and visiting the pool. We have sandwiches in the room for dinner ahead of a big day of travel tomorrow.
    Read more