Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Petronas Towers

    January 15 in Malaysia ⋅ 🌧 32 °C

    We order a Grab to head into the city centre where our plan is to have an early dinner and then go to the towers. We are dropped off at a place I have seen on YouTube and Facebook called NZ Curry House. It literally sits in the shadow of the Petronas Towers. Our plan was to have the Dosa tower but on learning it is more of a dessert we opt for a masala dosa for me, a biryani with curry for Richard and two juices. They are delicious and the whole meal is under $AU13.

    We negotiate the four or five pedestrian crossings to get to the towers beneath which is a huge shopping mall then pop out the other side just as the heavens open and so begins a tropical downpour. It is an hour until the light show begins and we debate waiting it out before deciding to call it a day.

    We are at a loss if we order a Grab as to where it will come to meet us so we ask the concierge who directs us to a pick up point. We are watching the driver in the app go to completely the wrong place before canceling the trip. We notice that the rain has stopped so we head back to where the light show will be arriving just as it starts.
    Read more