Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Day 9, Working Out the Kinks

    January 19 in Malaysia ⋅ ☁️ 31 °C

    We are searching for fruit. And I am having a massage at 11:00. So far in our neighbourhood we have come across quite a few mini marts. They are great if you are looking for snacks, soft drinks and a limited selection of personal care items but very little else.

    It is incredibly cheap to eat here but occasionally I want something lighter and we definitely want some fruit so we widen the search net. After breakfast we head out further afield and stop for cool drinks at a cafe where a bunch of food delivery drivers are pulled up. I really like the iced coffee but today I choose a lemon water.

    The massage is amazing. First of all your feet are washed and then an hour of absolute bliss. And only 68 RM which is about $22.

    We return to the same cafe for lunch and choose the buffet. One rice, one meat, one veg, one egg, 12 RM or $4.

    We strike out for the apartment by a different route, stopping firstly at an ATM, and are about to call it quits when we spot a small shop with bananas and pineapples out front. Enough to keep us going until we find something a bit bigger. We also buy a knife because there isn’t one in the apartment.

    We spend the afternoon resting and by the pool then order a Grab to head into Jonker Walk in time for dinner. This whole area is closed to traffic from 4:00pm on Fridays through Sundays. And the stalls are incredible. First up we try squid on skewers. Next up chicken pieces, then we come to a seafood stand and order the garlic ki g prawns. We finish off with a dessert called 8 treasures ice with an interesting mix of ingredients including corn kernels. It is strangely delicious. All up we spent $21
    Read more