Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Travelling North

    February 12 in Malaysia ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    Today is a travel day. We leave Melaka for Ipoh. We have tickets for a train from Kuala Lumpur but we have to get there first. We have booked a bus from Melaka Sentral that leaves at 9:15. It will arrive in Seremban around 10:30 - 10:45. We could have taken a bus through to KL but there are no toilets on board so we decided to break the journey. Our onward bus is scheduled to depart at 12:00. It arrives late and doesn’t leave until almost 1:00.

    By this time I am becoming a bit anxious as I have it in my mind that the train leaves at 3:00. The bus will arrive at KL airport around 2:00 and we still need to get a train to KL Sentral, another hour. I double check the ticket and am elated to discover our train isn’t until 5:00.

    We arrive in KL Sentral at almost dead on 3:00 (we would have definitely missed that train) and go in search of food. There is a huge shopping mall attached with something like four floors of eateries. We dive into the first one we see.

    A bit of a wander around and before we know it, it’s time to board. Our journey is uneventful. We arrive and are accosted by taxi touters. “How much?” “15 ringgit” A Grab is 8 and we book it.

    Checking in is straightforward. We reach our room and, hell no! Richard has misplaced his mobile phone. We go into strategy mode. It must be in the Grab car. Since he used his phone to book it we are stumped there. We try to out all the ways to contact Grab or the driver and in the end I send a message to the phone asking the finder to deliver it to the hotel. Richard puts a temporary lock on the credit card and we head out for food.

    Just as we are exiting the hotel the driver appears in front of us. “Is this your phone?” I think Richard may have actually kissed him. He definitely hugged him, and tipped him.

    Phew!
    Read more