Satellite
Show on map
  • San Diego, CA

    February 11, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    And we're back! The gals are back beer tasting and trekking all along San Diego. Here's where we hit up in 24 hours:

    - Pacific Beach Alehouse, we went here for brunch and stuffed ourselves silly. We got a taster of their core brands brew in-house. I thought brunch was overall okay in both the food and brews. I did like the taproom though.

    - Amplified Alehouse, for more drinks! It was walkable from PB Alehouse and was on our list for the Miramar area. Gotta say I liked this location a lot more. The outdoor patio was very nice and gave you a nice oceanside view from the 2nd level. The food here also looked delicious; I think we would have really enjoyed brunch here. They had a number of Amplified beers as well as guest beers, so we got 2 flights here. The waitress was very nice and gave us a sample of their Trois Cabrones because it was her favorite and we had not ordered it. Aside from the Garage Project/Victory IPL in one of our flights, the Trois Cabrones was very delicious! It's supposedly a hazy unfiltered DIPA, but I could not tell since it was just a taster. We had a few laughs here like me pronouncing DIPA as WIPA. Drunk already? No, this is just usual ineloquent Fanny.

    - Legacy Brewing, we hit up the Miramar area next as there were a cluster of breweries on our list. Legacy had a Yelp free taster offer, so hay for free free beer! They are most known for their guava beers and they were pretty delish! We also got Buffalo Chicken Fries here as an appetizer.

    - Duck Foot Brewing, Duck Foot Brewing had a special event at 6pm today. I wish it was earlier! It was an Anti-Romance party for Valentine's Day and pretty hilarious. They were also tapping 2 new beers for the party, but we did not stay long enough to partake. We played 5 Seconds here and shared some good laughs. By now, everybody knows how much I love Common :D

    - Pure Project was our next stop and even though it was a mile away, we grabbed a Lyft since it was windy and for the sake of time. Pure Project was poppin'! Probably my favorite stop, so kudos to the sis for the recommendation. The brews were ordered were all along the color spectrum and Delphyne, a dragonfruit sour, was delicious! I got a 4pk of this. I wish I tried their IPA and Golden Stout--it seemed like popular picks. The only downside is that the place is tiny and seating was hard to come by, but we made due and eventually settled on some seating. Very nice place I'd visit again.

    - Rip Current Brewing was our next stop as we made our way back to Gaslamp area. I had no idea how close to Belching Beaver this place was! Man. Another flight here and they had a delicious Bock that won a GABF medal. Well deserved.

    - The Tipsy Crow rounded out our day of drinking. We made it just in time for the famous drink exchange! It was a cool concept, but it sucks that their taplist was thin and there were only a couple of beer on the drink exchange. We played Heads Up here and it was pretty hilarious.

    - Sorrento's Street Tacos was our last stop given it was past 8pm and we had not eaten dinner. They told us it would be a long wait as the kitchen was behind. The food ended up being a lot and I was stuffed after eating 2.5 tacos, couldn't even finish. By this point, we were tired after going nonstop from 10am. We ended the night after dinner and took off early in the morning

    - Cafe Bossam was our breakfast stop and I had stopped by on a previous San Diego trip to try their delicious mocha drinks. We got Chai Lattes, which were delicious and back to LA we go.

    Thanks for a fun 24 hours, SD! My goal is to try to hit up the San Marcos/Encinitas area next for a number of breweries clustered in that area. Until next time!

    P.S. Photos are from my new Sony A5000 in action! (:
    Read more