Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 49

    Buenos Aires

    5 mai 2023, Argentine ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    We started with a 5am pickup to go to the airport for our flight to Buenos Aires. Safe to say there were a few sore heads after yesterday's fun!
    Daniel was able to quickly join his work trivia to say hi over zoom before boarding the plane which was really nice.
    We flew into Buenos Aires and arrived at the hostel around 11.30am. We did some laundry and then had some lunch before having a bit of a rest in the afternoon.
    We then went on a walking tour of Buenos Aires which started at 4pm.
    We met our tour operator, Joy, who would be taking us on our tour on Sunday of the La Boca region and then continued walking through Buenos Aires with some of the group.
    We saw some of the main squares and then proceeded to the biggest cemetery in Buenos Aires (which was closed) before making our way back to the hostel.
    This would be our last night with André, our guide, before the new guide takes over for the remainder of the trip to Rio and so we gave him a gift/tip and Daniel said a speech on behalf of the group at the hostel.
    We then were picked up for the the tango experience dinner around 8pm which was incredible - it included a delicious 3 course meal and red wine before a fantastic dance show in a very nice restaurant! For entrees, we had empanadas and mozzarella sticks, 2 different types of steaks for mains and a creme caramel and a traditional Argentinean dessert (cheese and sweet potato slices) for dessert. The malbec was also delicious and it was pretty much unlimited for the duration of the experience. After eating, the show went for around 2 hours with different dancing and a lot of beautiful costume changes. The show presented different types of tango from early 1900s to today and the musicians and singers were very talented.
    We made it back to the hostel around midnight for karaoke night held at the hostel. After all the wine, the group yelled various songs including Spice Girls and Shania Twain and songs in other languages until around 2am at the hostel. At this hostel (unlike the other places we have stayed), we are staying in dorm rooms by gender so we are not together but having a good time sharing with everyone else from our group for these few days.
    En savoir plus