Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Montevideo

    May 9, 2023 in Uruguay ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Daniel started the morning with a run in Colonia whilst Gab did a workout in the main square (with a doggie friend who sat next to her during her workout!)
    We then said goodbye to Colonia as we boarded a bus to the Uruguayan capital, Montevideo.
    We checked into our AMAZING 4-star hotel where we would be spending the next two nights (complete with very nice rooms, gym, spa/sauna rooms and rooftop pool).
    We then had a short orientation walk around the city and walked with some of the group to the main beach and then the football stadium which was home to the first FIFA World Cup in 1930 that Uruguay won (about a 3 hour walk in total)!
    We then came back to the hotel and decided to make use of the spa and gym in the afternoon before having drinks on the rooftop and singing happy birthday to one of our fellow travellers, Curtis, for his birthday and eating cake.
    We then went out for dinner in a food court style place with lots of options. We had had wok noodles - a nice change (though Uruguay prices are much higher than Peru and Bolivia, for example)!
    We came back to the hotel for some cards and pool and Gab called home before calling it a night.
    Read more