Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Colonia, Uruguay

    May 8, 2023 in Uruguay ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    We had a 6am wake up after not much sleep before heading to the ferry terminal to get a ferry to Colonia, Uruguay. We went through immigration to say goodbye to Argentina and get a new stamp for Uruguay. It took about an hour on the ferry.
    We arrived in Colonia around 11am and walked around the old town district with the group. The old town is very picturesque with cobble streets and nice buildings. Colonia is a port city and was where a lot of the fighting took place when the Spanish invaded and because of this there is a lot of destroyed forts and some of the oldest buildings in South America.
    We had a late breakfast/lunch with the group of sandwiches before checking in at the hotel and having a nap.
    Gab and Daniel then went for a long walk along the coastline to the ‘Colonia’ sign before walking back to get ice cream and then meeting the group for sunset down by the water which was lovely!
    After sunset, the group went for dinner where we tried the local cuisine - Chivito - which is a steak sandwich type meal with ham and egg on it. Very filling and very good!
    We then went back to the room and watched some Netflix for a bit before going to sleep.
    Read more