Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 63

    Ilha Grande

    May 19, 2023 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Today, we had a lovely day out on a party boat with everyone in our group! We were lucky to have beautiful sunny weather all day! After swimming in the water to our boat at a beach (being careful to ensure our bags which contained spirits bottles and mixers stayed dry), we jumped on the boat, filled up the esky and pumped up the music.

    We stopped at a beautiful beach for an hour where the boys participated in a beach sprinting race (Daniel won), we played wrestling in the water with girls on the guys shoulders, we swam and we went to a walk to see an 19th century church which was the first built on the island. We went back on the boat and then made another stop for some swimming and snorkelling. There were quite a few fish hanging around the boat and some rocks near the boat. We hopped back on the boat and at around 3pm, we stopped next to a few other boats and one of the boats served a delicious lunch which included paella, potatoes and prawns. Gab discovered that not everyone knows how to peel prawns so she taught one of the Swiss guys on the tour how to do that (who knew Aussie Christmases taught us such valuable life skills!) We chilled on the boats for a while as the boat operators made many caiprinhas and we continued drinking and dancing! The boat tour ended around 6pm and it was quite dark at this time.

    We went back to the hotel after the boat and Gab and one of the other guys on the tour went twice to a local pizza restaurant to order and bring back pizzas for the group (after the first order was demolished so quickly!) We then had a good rest after an amazing day!
    Read more