Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    London

    May 26, 2023 in England ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    This morning, Daniel went for a run around Harefield and called home and Gab also had some video calls with friends.
    After some breakfast, we caught the bus and tube to Baker Street station and walked around 40 mins to Piccadilly Circus (passing through all of the shops in Mayfair and the start of West End). It was another lovely day in London and we saw all of the Union Jack flags that are still in the street from the King’s coronation a couple of weeks ago.
    We then went to Palace Theatre in the West End to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! We bought last minute tickets to see both parts of the show. The first part started at 2pm and was really great!
    At around 4:30, we left the theatre and walked around until we arrived at a pub which advertised that it had “award winning” pies so of course we ordered one steak and ale pie and one bangers and mash - when in England, eat as the English do! We enjoyed a pint and prosecco as well. Then we went for a walk along the shops again and went into a huge pharmacy/department store where we bought some essentials which we were running low on and then went to the Lego shop! It was very cool with a huge Lego Big Ben, Sherlock Holmes, multiple Harry Potter displays, Shakespeare and red buses!
    We returned back to the theatre for Part 2 of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child which started at 7pm. We really enjoyed the show - the special effects were really cool and the story line was quite interesting! We couldn’t stop talking about what would happen next in the intermission and the breaks between both parts.
    After being all Harry Potted out for the day, we walked back to Piccadilly Circus and took the tube and bus home.
    Read more