Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 71

    London

    May 27, 2023 in England ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Another sunny day in London!
    Today we caught the bus and then tube to Embankment, where we met Kathy, our Canadian friend who Gab had met on exchange in France almost 10 years ago.
    We caught the ‘Uber boat’ ferry along the Thames and got a fantastic different view of London from the water! Lucky it was such beautiful weather so we sat outside and enjoyed the view!
    We got off at Greenwich and walked through the old naval college/Queens house up to the Greenwich Meridian line - very cool!
    We then walked along the Thames to North Greenwich, passing the meridian line again as well as the O2 arena and the new cable car.
    We caught the Uber boat back to Embankment and walked through part of West End to a pub called Queens Larder. We shared a pint with Kathy at the pub before meeting her partner, Paul, at an Italian restaurant for dinner.
    We had a delicious mussels spaghetti and sausage pizza for dinner before walking towards Kings Cross where we shared another pint in the pub across the road from the station.
    After a busy day of walking and chatting (having walked over 20,000 steps), we headed home on the tube to bed.
    It was such a lovely time with Kathy after not having seen her for 5 years (back in Melbourne where we spent a weekend together in the city and doing Great Ocean Road)! We picked off just where we left off talking about travel, sport, jobs and life!
    Read more