Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 79

    London

    June 4, 2023 in England ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    Daniel went for a run this morning before we jumped on the tube into London. We started the day with a visit to the British Museum, ensuring we got there at opening time as we only had a couple of hours before needing to leave!

    We explored the museums many displays, ranging from Ancient Egypt and Greece, Roman, European, Middle East, Asian and even Australia. We browsed through the exhibitions in the limited time we had, knowing that we would have a lot more time coming up in museums in Europe!

    After a couple of hours we began our walk to our lunch spot, passing through Angel Place along the way. It was so so sunny in London and lots of people were out with it being a Sunday!
    We arrived at the Old Queens Head pub in Islington to meet up with the old CU crew for Sunday roast! We enjoyed a delicious roast of lamb and beef while we chatted with Charis, Chessy, Damo and Damo’s partner, Colleen. We swapped stories and caught up as some of us had not seen each other for over 4 years! We shared stories of our travels as well as learning about their time living in London and upcoming plans :)

    We then made our way back in Harefield in the afternoon to do some admin and organising for our next travel movements.
    Read more