Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 80

    Last Day in London

    June 5, 2023 in England ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    We had a very chilled morning today and did lots of planning/booking for the next part of the trip.

    We had lunch at home then caught the tube to Watford and explored the town/went to the shopping centre. We then caught the bus to Warner Bros Studio to see the Making of Harry Potter Tour! From the moment we got on the bus (which was magical themed of course!) everything was about Harry Potter.

    We arrived at the studio and were able to get in slightly early before our tour time, which was fantastic as there was so much to explore! We were in a couple of cinema rooms before being welcomed into the Great Hall to begin our tour!

    We were then able to go at our own pace, seeing all the sets, props, clothing, special effects and so much more that made the Harry Potter franchise so successful! Around the halfway point, we were even able to try a Butterbeer and butterbeer flavoured ice cream!

    We finished up in last room which contained the scale model of Hogwarts which was incredible. We then passed through a ‘wand shop’ to the exit where there were over 4000 individual wands - one for each member of crew who worked on the Harry Potter movies.
    We had such a fun and exciting afternoon exploring the studio, and it really made us appreciate the level of detail that had gone into making the movies - things like having to paint all the magical portraits, animal trainers and all the sketching/cardboard models of sets/props!

    We then caught the bus back to Harefield and arrived back around 10pm.
    Read more