Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 82

    Iceland (Waterfall Day)

    June 7, 2023 in Iceland ⋅ ☀️ 11 °C

    We had a simple breakfast of cereal at the campsite this morning before embarking on our first full day in Iceland with a near cloudless sky and sun - very lucky!!

    We made our first stop at Seljalandsfoss to not heed TLC’s advice and ‘chase waterfalls’. We could see the spectacular 65m waterfall from about 10km away as we approached the carpark and then were able to walk up to and behind it, getting very wet in the process! Our hands were also a bit cold from the cold water splashing from the waterfall! We then took a short 10min walk and we arrived at another fall that was sort of in a cave and was just as spectacular to admire!

    Our next stop was at Skogafoss where we saw yet another 60+m waterfall and were actually able to walk up to the top and along the canyon leading to the falls. We walked along the top and saw another couple waterfalls along the hike (it is part of a much longer hike).

    We then made a quick stop at the supermarket in the small town of Vik on the way to our campsite for the night. We also observed the church in Vik and the cute town.

    We parked up in the site at Kliefar and then walked to the nearby waterfall (which we could see from our campervan) where Daniel filled up his drink bottle from the clear waterfall water! We then whipped out the camping stove and cooked up some yummy pasta for dinner before chilling and watching a movie (complete with chocolate and red wine we bought duty free at the airport - who said campervan life couldn't be luxurious?!)
    Read more