Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 114

    Monaco 🇲🇨

    9 Juli 2023, Monako ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Today, we did a day trip to the second smallest country in the world - Monaco (at only 2.1km²)! Monaco only has just under 40,000 habitants (with over 30% of them millionaires) that come from over 139 countries.

    After a short 25min train trip from Nice, we started with a walk through the western neighbourhood of Fontvielle, walking through some of the beautiful gardens and passing by the national stadium of Monaco.

    We then walked down through one of the harbours and then up to the prince's alace (le Palau's Princier) to see the changing of the guard. It went for around 5 minutes (it was nice but it was so hot standing in the boiling heat in the sun) so we had a quick sit down in the shade to recharge before continuing on to the more ‘touristy’ part of Monaco.We also visited the cathedral on the way, which was quite nice.

    A trip to Monaco wouldn’t be complete without a walk of the F1 track and that’s exactly what we did! We walked along the water and through the infamous tunnel to the hairpin at the Fairmont, before climbing up to see the more famous casino. With a cost of 20 euros just for for the pleasure of entering, we admired it from the outside - including some very expensive cars which were turning up and parked outside!

    We descended back down to the water and began making our way to the beach, which of course included the compulsory gelato stop of the day - this time Daniel had melon and strawberry and Gab had mango and pistachio.

    After having seen the majority of Monaco and sweating a lot in around 35 degree heat, we spent the last few hours at the beach chilling out. The main public beach is called Larvotto Beach and is very nice with very refreshing water and a lot of nice cafes and restaurants. We had to jump in the water at least every half hour because of the heat so we were very grateful there were no cobblestones and it was much easier to quickly jump in and out of the water and float in the water in between reading and chilling out on shore.

    In the late afternoon, we walked back to the station, doing some window shopping on the way - overpriced beachside apartments and expensive sports cars!

    We arrived back in Nice around 6pm and had a quiet night of dinner in ahead of a big day of travel tomorrow!
    Baca selengkapnya