Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 117

    Tours —> Paris

    July 12, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    We checked out of our Airbnb in Tours and headed to Paris! We arrived in Paris around 1pm, and one quick metro ride later we were right outside our hotel.

    This was the part of the trip where Nicky and Alex would be joining us and so we chilled at the hotel for a little bit before they arrived. It was so nice to see some friends from home (although they were of course a bit tired after just having flown from Brisbane to Paris!!)
    We all freshened up quickly and headed out to explore Paris.

    We caught the metro to the Montmartre area, walking past Moulin Rouge and the lovers wall on our way to Sacre Coeur Basilica. We went into the basilica and looked around at the different alters and then bought tickets to go up the dome. After around 300 steps, we saw some incredible views over Paris! We walked the streets of Montmartre for a bit and took a few photos. It was nice to be back here together as we had visited Montmartre back in 2014 on our Paris trip together and it was cool to show everything to Nicku and Alex.

    We then made our way back to our hotel and shortly met up with Gab's Parisian friend, Josephine, at her apartment to then go out for dinner. We went to a typical French restaurant, with Gab having smoked salmon from Scotland and Daniel (and Josephine, Nicky and Alex) having steak. We had lots of great chats and Gab and Josephine caught up on what has been happening in each of their lives since they last saw each other in Australia in 2015. We had lots of fun! We also enjoyed local beers and wines.

    After a busy day for all, we called it a night after dinner and headed back to the hotel for a good sleep!
    Read more