Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 116

    Tour de Tours

    July 11, 2023 in France ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Today we ventured out for a Tour of Tours!

    We had a bit of a sleep in before walking to the university accomodation to where Gab used to live and then enjoying a nice stroll through the botanical gardens. It had lots of lovely floral arrangements and plenty of animals, including wallabies and an emu (which Gab remembers thinking were crazy, especially when she was home sick on exchange!)

    We then walked across town and down the main strip to the Loire River and we visited the outside of the Chateau of Tours. We then explored the Cathedral Saint-Gatien. The stained glass windows were amazing! Gab remembers learning about the cathedral during one of her courses at uni in Tours. It was very hot so we shared a large gelato!

    We made our way back to the Airbnb to freshen up before heading out for some happy hour drinks and dinner. We found a bar close to the main square where we had a couple of Aperols and pints whilst enjoying a tasting board in the sunshine. We went around the corner to a poutine place to relive our days of when we travelled through Canada!

    We went back to the Airbnb for some cards and Netflix to chill out as we knew the upcoming weeks would be busy!
    Read more