Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 154

    Kotor

    August 18, 2023 in Montenegro ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Daniel went for run in the morning before we both went out for a short walk to explore the old town of Kotor.

    We passed through the old town sea gate and explored the cobblestone streets in the old town. It's very cute with lots of nice restaurants and churches. We enjoyed walking around the Old Town and we met many of the resident cats (Kotor has many cute cats which the locals love - so much so that they have a cat musesum in their honour!)

    We strolled back to our hostel to meet our host as our place was more of a guesthouse type arrangement. He gave us a few recommendations and then we headed to the promenade for a swim and chill in the sun.

    We came back to the hostel for lunch before heading out on the number one thing to do in Kotor - a speed boat tour! We booked in for a 3 hour tour. We had such a fun time as we ventured out into the bay with our first stop being Our Lady of the Rocks, a man made island which houses a Catholic Church. We spent around 10 minutes here looking around.

    We then made our way further out, past former submarine docks that were used during the war (very cool!) and then past Mamula island which used to be a prison but is now a 5 star hotel.

    Our final destination of the day was the blue cave, which is similar to the more famous blue grotto in Capri, Italy. We were able to swim in and around the caves for about half an hour which was so much fun. The water looked so cool amd we enjoyed swimming into a bigger and smaller cave. We managed to get some great footage on the GoPro as well!

    We topped off our boat tour with a beer outside the cave and headed back into Kotor. The blue cave was at least half an hour away from Kotor bay so we enjoyed the views with the wind in our hair.

    We quickly freshened up at the hostel and headed out for dinner along the promenade. We had a couple of drinks and shared a delicious black risotto (made from squid ink) and seafood pizza to top off a great day! :)
    Read more