Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58

    Nashville!

    October 19, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 66 °F

    So here we are... country music, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Grand Ole Opry, all the music you could want. To make sure we took advantage of this opportunity to hear and see Nashville, we called the Grand Ole Opry to get tickets for tomorrow night. Our hopes were high that we could get good seats and Katy, the very nice lady on the phone, found the best seats available for us.... wait for it... standing room! Oh well, Lord knows we tried.

    We'll just make lemonade out of lemons and visit one of the fine venues tomorrow night for dinner and music.

    We were tired and considered eating in the trailer this evening, but there was a restaurant right next to the KOA, the Cock of the Walk. Heather had seen that they had baked potatoes and that sounded pretty good. So we walked on over and had potatoes and salad. They also brought us pickled onions, corn bread, and a very tasty and zesty slaw, which Heather is certain had collards in it.

    All in all, the KOA is nice and our spot is good, even though it is a bit of a walk to the bathrooms. Gordon was mesmerized by the big earth movers noisily tearing up the swimming pool.
    Read more